Tips For Families
1. Try to coordinate outfits without looking overyly "matchy." Avoid wearing same colors and instead, find a color palette you love and piece together items from that palette that are complimentary to one another.
2. Add accessories to pump up an un-inspiring ensemble. A hat, scarf, and boho necklace can give a lackluster outfit the right amount of punch and provide great pops of color. Bright hues in small doses are great.
3. Bring toys or other fun items that your kids love. These props will help mark this special time in your kids' life and help your child feel at ease during the shoot. Think balloons, kites, umbrellas, dolls or teddy bears.
4. Wear clothes that are fashionable and functional. Kids will need to move around and fussy clothes can be frustrating.
5. Try to have only one patterned outfit for every three people for family shoots. Then dress everyone else with color coordinating looks.
6. Layers are fantastic for boys and for girls. Add in the layers (jackets, vests, leggings, and tights) and accessories (hats, scarves, necktie or bowties, and headbands) to give your kids' outfits that stylized look.
7. Dress babies as babies. For anyone under 2 years old, steer clear of collared shirts and jeans as they tend to make the little ones look a lot older. Try onesies for boys and sweet little dresses for girls.
8. Sleeveless shirts, high necklines, turtlenecks and clothes with logos/writing on them don't provide timeless looks like more tradtiional clothing choices will.
9. Skip the tiny prints and patterns because they do not show up on photos. Big stripes, polkadots, and other graphic patterns look great!
10. Stay away from white or character themed tennis shoes, shoes with bulky soles, or any shoe that takes away from the child and outfit. Solid color shoes and boots are always best.