Allison Muirhead Photography, located in Madison Mississippi.
I specailize in newborn, child, and family photography. I also love photographing food and clothing for commercial work, and working with models for fun fashion shoots.
My style is simple and fun. My favorite thing to capture is the face. I love a close-up (well for those 20 year old and under, after that, not so much). I believe the eyes are the window to the soul. I want to capture that soul. I'm not proppy. I believe that the photograph should focus on the person and not the stuff around them. You are welcome to bring props that have meaning to you, like a quilt knitted by a grandmother or a special rattle. Those items will have much mor meaning than anything I might have. It's my goal to walk away from each session with great images and you and your children having had a great time.
Sessions with Allison
Expect stress free! I know how much stress a photo session can cause a parent. Don't worry! When you arrive, I sit on the floor and get to know you and your child before I ever pick up my camera. I know how important it is to establish trust and play with toys and even the equipment. Session with children 4 months+ typically last 45 minutes. I shoot until the child lets me know they are done. Sessions are very relaxed. I always allow plenty of time of breaks and snacks in each session.
These sessions are very cozy and sweet. The environment is very calm. I suggest that these session are just the newborn, or the newborn and the parents. I like to shoot newborns within the first two weeks.
Studio vs. On-Location Sessions
- Suggested for children under 18 months of age.
- During the extreme winter and summer months
- I have many backgrounds. although white is my favorite.
- Suggested for families, children, and seniors.
- Looking for special location, outdoor or urban.
- Spring and fall are the best times.
When to use a professional photographer
- You want a wall portrait for your home. Professional photography is art for your home.
- Once a year or every two years to show your childs growth and changes.
- Capture first year milestones: newborn, four months/holding up head, eight months/sitting up, one year/standing and first birthday.
Besides Photography, What is Allison passionate about?
My family! I've been married to Jack for 19 years. Our daugher Elle is 14. She's an avid travel soccer player! When I'm not behind the camera, you can usually find me at the soccer fields. I'm an Ole Miss graduate. I actually lettered in football there (no, not a player, a trainer). I love to excercise...usually with Jack at 5 a.m.! I'm officially obsessed with Pinterest! I'm a Canon girl. All my cameras are Canons! Jack and I love adventure. A relaxing vacation for us is ziplining through the jungle, snow skiing and once we even biked across the Golden Gate Bridge.